St. John’s Nursery Worker – Paid Staff
Provides for the physical, emotional, and intellectual stimulation and safety of children ages 0-4 years while working in the church’s nursery. Works under the direction of the Director of Children’s Ministry.
Pay: $15 an hour
- Payment will be for 4 hours every Sunday morning- regardless of whether you are to leave before this period has been completed.
- Be of good moral and Christian character.
- Be polite, friendly and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Speak in a gentle tone of voice to the children.
- Stability of physical, mental and emotional health.
- Knowledge of the age appropriate needs for children 0-4 years.
- Ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities/characteristics common to children ages 0-4 years.
- Active willingness to advance personal knowledge of nursery care for children 0-4 years (i.e. seminars, readings, etc.).
- Willingness to submit to background and drug screenings.
- Absences will be communicated in advance to the Director of Children’s Ministry.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Abides by all Safe Sanctuary policies of the Episcopal Diocese- Safeguarding God’s Children
- Greets each child and calls him/her by name when dropped off by parent(s)/guardians.
- Completes Nursery Registration Records and communicates special needs to volunteers and Nursery Coordinators.
- Arrives on time to the nursery at least 15 minutes prior to the service for which they are scheduled. Stays until all children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
- Cleans and disinfects toys each Sunday (only toys played with on that Sunday) after children have left.
- Maintains good hand washing/hand hygiene after diaper changes and after assisting children with tissues for coughs, sneezes or runny noses.
- Wears latex-free gloves while changing diapers, utilizes wax paper barrier, and disinfects the diaper changing area after each diaper change.
- Engages children in organized activities while staying in the nursery, i.e. age-appropriate songs, stories, lessons, crafts, etc.
- Ensures safety of the nursery environment, i.e. cleaning products and medications stored out of reach of children, outlet covers on electrical outlets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dependability is essential, tardiness and excessive unscheduled absences may result in termination of employment.
- Nursery Workers report to the director of Children’s Ministry
- Paid Nursery workers are expected to work holidays that fall on Sunday and may be asked to work additional hours during busy times, i.e. Holy week, Ash Wednesday, Easter
- Sarah Ross, Director of Children’s Ministry, St. John’s Church, email@example.com or call (912) 232-1251.